Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I WAS SO WRONG

So after some persistent peer pressure from my sister and many of you, I've elected to try to start up this blog again.  Returning to this platform reminds me what a horrid interface (both on a user and purely visual end) Blogger has, but at the moment I don't have the time or energy to update it.  Rest assured my graphic design instincts will kick in before too long and I'll convert the blog to a separate platform... maybe.

You may have noticed the new blog title.  Don't worry, it's the same site, same content, you can find all of the same posts.  Apart from the fact that the old title, "The Closet Exhibitionist" was just a mouthful, I came across some startling information that made me change the name of my blog.

IMMEDIATELY.

Also, I'm experimenting with adding my commentary in this blurb fashion.  I'll change it up some in the future, it just makes longer narratives read easier.  Please leave a note in the comments any suggestions/criticisms!
Darn you Urban Dictionary...

So that was a surprise.  I now have a sneaking suspicion that past readers were either very scandalized or very disappointed based on what exactly they were expecting when they ran a Google search for my blog.  Either way, you can understand why I immediately began to brainstorm some new blog name ideas.

Toasted Fresco has several meanings for me, personally.  It includes two of some of my favorite things: toast and art historical implication.  Google is ever a friend to the seeker of definitions, so maybe these explanations can satisfy you further to this new blog title:



Traditionally, a fresco is a hastily painted piece of art onto plaster.  I dare to compare my hastily rendered pixels to a modern alternative.  "Toasted" can go either two ways: crash and burn or a celebration.  And that's basically the premise of this whole blog.

So, I hope you will keep up with me as I try to post on a regular basis now.  I even made an Instagram account for the purpose, so you should follow that for the most regular updates.  I'm excited to get rolling with this and figure out how to get on the blogging bandwagon.

... However, it still won't change the fact that I am forever scarred by the monstrosity of a coincidence that my original blog name was.  RIP Closet Exhibitionist, may you burn and die and be forgiven for your sins.


No comments:

Post a Comment